You’ve Been In A Car Accident, Now What?
AA Law was established in Macon in 1992. Since then, we have helped victims of car accidents throughout Georgia recover millions of dollars in damages for their injuries.
Through the years, we have seen enough to know that every case is different, with its own unique set of facts and circumstances. However, even though every car crash is different, taking specific steps after a crash will help you move forward faster and also assist your personal injury attorney (should you need one) in getting everything they need to successfully pursue your case and personal injury claim.
What Should You Do After You’ve Been In A Car Crash?
In the adrenaline-fueled moments immediately following a car accident, it can be difficult to remember what to do, what to say and who to talk to about the crash. At AA Law, we are car accident lawyers who have decades of combined experience. We have put together the following list of what to do in the event of an automobile accident:
- Get help: Dial 911 to report the accident, and seek emergency medical care and assistance if necessary.
- Assess yourself and others for injuries: Even if injuries seem minor, get a medical assessment from a medical professional as soon as possible.
- Gather as much evidence as possible from the accident scene: Talk to witnesses and take photos as appropriate.
- Exchange limited information with the other driver: Do not apologize, admit fault or volunteer unnecessary information to anyone.
- Exchange insurance information with the other driver: Keep interactions as brief and as calm as possible, especially with the other driver.
- Provide necessary information to the responding police officer: A police report may be important later on, so make sure that you get a chance to share your side of the story.
- Retain an attorney as soon as possible: An attorney can help make sure your rights and interests are protected.
If you have been in a recent motor vehicle accident, like a car crash, a motorcycle accident or a collision with a commercial truck, we can make sure that you are taking all the appropriate steps toward possible recovery and compensation for your damages and injuries.
Filing Deadlines Apply. Call Today.
In car accident cases, statutes of limitation and strict filing deadlines apply. Also, the sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner your legal rights and interests are protected. Call us today at 478-474-AALAW (2252) or send an email using our online form to schedule your free, no-obligation initial consultation.
All our personal injury cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. If we take on your case, there is no fee unless we recover damages for you.